– Today’s Message will not Appear to be about Holy Week or Palm Sunday until the Second Half
of the Message. The Message will Begin with a Treatment on Prayer…
1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything
according to His will He hears us.
– How is it that we as Believers…have the Privilege of Prayer?
Why are we given an Audience with the Omnipotent Creator of the Universe?
– The Answer is NOT that we have Merited an Audience with God…
– Man Cannot Approach God based upon their Merit. Humanity Lost their Privilege of Going to
God & Communing with Him at the Fall of Adam & Eve
– When Adam & Eve were Expelled from the Garden as Penalty for Sinning…
Genesis 3:24 He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden He placed the
cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree
– Nothing we Author Warrants an Audience
– Man Cannot Approach God…
Rom 3:11 no one understands; no one seeks for God
– It is as If a Curtain Separates us from Communing with God in this Life…
If we are Cut Off from Approaching God…Yet – We know
God Hears and Answers the Prayers of Believers – the Bride
of Christ… How is this possible?
How can we Approach God in Prayer and Commune with
– Man Cannot Breach the Barrier Between Us and God, so God Must Approach Man. So, How is
this Related to Holy Week?
Mk 15:33,34 And when the sixth hour had come, there was darkness over the whole land until
the ninth hour. 34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi,
lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken
Mk 15:37,38 And Jesus uttered a loud cry and breathed His last. 38 And the curtain of the
temple was torn in two, from top to bottom.
– The Curtain was Torn from Top to Bottom…
What is the Significance of the Torn Temple Curtain?
– It signified that now the way into the Holy of Holies was
open for all of God’s People…
for the Bride of Christ
– God Must Approach Man. Christ Breached the Barrier for Us…
Eph 2:18 For through Christ we have access in one Spirit to the Father.
John 14:6 “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except
– And we have Access to God the Father through the Curtain – Now! The Benefit – the Privilege –
to Commune with God the Father is ours Now because of what Christ Accomplished on the
Rom 8:15 you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba!
Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
The “Torn Curtain” Summary
– Sin has Separated us from Access to God…
– We Could Not Approach God to Reconcile…
– God had to Approach Us…
– God Approached us by Sending His Son…
– Jesus – with His Death & Resurrection – has Opened up Access to the Father.
– Access to the Father is Ours NOW… it will be more Fully Ours in Eternity
– We Have prayer Access to the Father Now
– We are Already the Adopted Children of the Father…
– We can Pray onto & Enjoy the Father Now…
– Easter is not Only about Grace onto Eternity –
it is also about Grace Experienced Now…
Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd
of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may
do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be
glory forever and ever. Amen.